Join the effort to preserve Guilford Woods! The petition to Save Guilford Woods has been signed by ~1,800 individuals (mostly UMD affiliates and local residents – see the More page), over 90 individual letters have been sent to President Pines and copied to SaveGuilfordWoods, and this effort is supported by Maryland Sierra Club, Prince George’s County Sierra Club, Anacostia Watershed Society, Anacostia Riverkeeper, Anacostia Watershed Community Advisory Committee, Prince George’s Audubon Society, Montgomery Countryside Alliance, Calvert Hills Citizens Association, and College Heights Estates Civic Association.
Please do any – and ideally all – of the following:
- SIGN THE PETITION to University of Maryland President Darryll Pines calling on him to relocate planned graduate housing and to establish Guilford Woods as a nature preserve for the benefit of UMD and surrounding communities.
- SEND AN INDIVIDUAL LETTER. In addition to signing the petition, please also send your own individual letter to President Pines (copied to key decision makers). Individual letters focusing on the key points most important to you carry great weight with decision makers. You may wish to include where you live and any connection to the University. Your letter need not be long or detailed—what’s most important is that your voice, as a citizen and taxpayer, is heard.
- TO field: Send your letter to University of Maryland President Darryll Pines: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CC field: Please also cc your emailed letter to key decision makers including Maryland Board of Public Works and members of the 21st and 22nd district State delegations, as well as our Save Guilford Woods team. The full list of emails for the cc field is:
- Sign up here to stay informed. Also, if you know of an organization that might support this effort, please let us know – you can indicate that information in the SignUp form.
- Let others know about this effort! Share this page with others you believe would support this cause. Social media links are at the bottom of this page or you can share the following direct link to this page:
Save Guilford Woods:
- Learn more about Guilford Woods and Guilford Run at Friends of Guilford Woods
Send any comments or questions to: email@example.com